KraZyMiKe's Blog

Monday, January 04, 2010

Once Again: Back in the Music Business

In August of 2007 after a major mess-up by one of my business partners I exited the sound reinforcement business leaving with only a modest amount to compensate me for all of the preparatory work I had done. Shortly thereafter, completely disenchanted, I terminated all of my music related business and removed all production references from my company website.

I have always had this love-hate relationship with the music business going from the highs of seeing a promising band hit the stage for the first time to the lows as musicians argue, fight and destroy everything just as they are beginning to get noticed.

I have been in and out of the music business all my life. It seems to come in cycles.

Well... here I go again. A few weeks ago I received a call from a soon to be named indie-music client asking me to get involved in helping them with their project once again.

Now this is a real deja-vu moment as it was this very band that dragged me back into the music business in 1998! That began an 9 year period of working with musicians, bands, and venues all over New York City. During that time I produced the first post-911 indie-rock show south of Chambers Street in May of 2002 called "Downtown Rocks", as well as all-day Sunday shows with 8 bands for just $2.00 at Kenny's Castaways later in that year.

I seriously enjoyed my two year vacation from the music business. I have taken the time to address other issues in both my private and professional lives. Production is a high stress world and the occasonal free time is cleansing to the soul.

Who knows what this latest involvement will bring.
So.. Just wish me luck. I'm really gonna need it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home